Sunday, July 24, 2011

19 Months later

Life happens so brlliantly fast.

As I look back on the past 1 1/2 year, I feel a measure of accomplishment. Yet, along with that good feeling there remains feelings of guilt and thoughts of, " am I peaking too fast?," "am I forgetting about the people behind me?," "how traumatized am I by those 10+ years?"

To recap, I have gotten my youth mentoring program into two schools, and transitoned my leadership role to someone else. Through that, we have been to prestigious universities and spoken at events. We received our first payment andbeen asked to prartner with different groups. But even with those small successes I am faced witht he challenge of internicine struggle; a struggle that may change the face of theorganization, hopefully for the better, nevertheles, it may result in the loss of friends. Ugh!

Then there is my job as a program coordinator of another organization. Through that I have been apart of meetings organized by the US State Department. I have my own office. I have been to DC and spoken to congressional staffers. I have been privliged to meet with parents of my kids (in my program) and shared my story several times. I have travelled to Florida (my first time) to attend a conference and stayed in a wonderful hotel/resort. Bleesings...

I was published in an anthology and participated in abook signing/panel discussion where I signed autographs. Can you believe it!!! Me--autographs!!!

I have also finished my first semester at a prestigious university with excellent grades. More blessings...

But, there is always a but, I have bouts with finding contentment. I see a chasm in a once close relationship  I had with my nephew. I fear he will make  istakes that will cripple his future.

At that same oanel discussion someone asked me what do I do for self-care. She stumped with that question because I had no answer. I don't know how to refill my bank of helping others. I help and work and participate full time everyday, but I have a problem with taking care of myself; refilling my bank emotional bank...

...which is why I will write more.

HOLLA at me...

Which is why

No comments: